Regardless of your best efforts towards cleanliness, your carpet will inevitably become the victim of spills, wine, marinara sauce, pet accidents and everything you walk in on a daily basis. Eventually, there comes a time where you realize that vacuuming can no longer restore its clean appearance. There are some tell-tale signs when you need to do a deeper cleaning: when the carpet loses its color, the carpet is matted and feels sticky, when the carpet is filled with dust storm and it released when you run across the room, crayon marks from children and many more.
So, whenever you face a stain, you start scrubbing the stain with the sponge. But do yourself a favor and take some time to attack on the spot because the proper strategy could mean the difference between spotless carpet and a stain that lingers forever. Many homeowners believe that carpet cleaning is the process of moving furniture and waiting for the fibers to dry. But the carpet cleaning does not have to be difficult. Today we will walk you through indeed alternative methods to clean different types of stains. You can enlist in help from home cleaning services in Gaithersburg MD, but if you are a busy person and desire the best result these tips are for you.
Before getting to the tips or home remedies, there are some universal rules apply for carpet cleaning.
1) Clean the stain as soon as possible – the first step is to get to the stain before it has set or it will always have some remnant mark.
2) Blotting should be the next step- most start scrubbing the stain in order to clean. But always start with blotting with a sponge or cloth to pull out as much liquid as possible. This will reduce the size of stain.
3) Use as little cleaning solution as possible- it’s ideal to use dish soap or baking soda as a cleaning product. This will reduce both the drying time and the possibility of staining your carpet.
4) Dry the carpet properly- after the cleaning process, blot the carpet with a towel thoroughly. Otherwise, you can use hair dryer or fan to speed the process.
Now these simple tips will make carpet cleaning so much simpler.
- Try shaving cream – No! We are not kidding. No one would think that shaving cream can remove almost all types of stain. Just apply the shaving cream directly to the stain and let it sit for 30 minutes. After, blot it away with a dry cloth and finish by spraying a vinegar and water solution; then wipe the spot with a cloth.
- Remove chewing gum in a flash – Unintentionally sometimes we step in chewing gum out on the street and track that gross onto your carpet. This is very simple, head towards the freezer and grab some ice cubes. Rub the ice cubes on the gum for at least for 30-45 seconds. Once the gum is frozen, lift it up with finger tips and cut the carpet strands close to the chewing gum.
- Salt: in case of ketchup accidents – one day you are eating a hot dog at your cookout and suddenly some ketchup has spilled on the carpet. So you have to act quickly because once the ketchup dries up, it’s almost impossible to get rid of that stain! First, sprinkle some salt on the area and let it absorb the sauce for a few minutes before vacuuming and watch it disappear.
- Grease versus Dishwasher Detergent – the best way to clean grease is to use two drops of dish washing detergent in a cup of water. It will cut the grease just like it does on your dishes. You can pour the solution into a spray bottle and spray it on the spot. In case of larger stains you need to do this multiple times then blot it up with a clean cloth.
- If you are facing some stubborn stains then you can take the help of home cleaning in Montgomery County, MD. LILLY’S DELIVERS THE HIGHEST CONSISTENT QUALITY DETAILED, RELIABLE, AND FLEXIBLE CLEANING SERVICE IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY. Call for an estimate today at 301.990.4179